There were many ghosts and monsters in my childhood.
- My father, an alcoholic
- My mother, the codependent
- My father’s drunken friends
- Having to ride in his truck, being taken home while he drove drunk
- My grandmother’s pale, white face, when she was dying
- Hiding places to avoid rage and violence
A story that begins Fire Heart seems out of place, about the ghosts of St. Agnes Sanitarium. But is it?
After all, this is a love story. Yes, but it’s how a woman who has come of age, ...Continue Reading →